Yea! It's Shop Hop time again! Emily and I kept our tradition alive and shop hopped on Wednesday.
First stop -- Great Harvest Bread for raspberry scones. This wasn't really on the shop hop map but a girl does need to start the day with something yummy.
First shop: Elaine's Quilt Block. Usually this is one of our favorites but we were disappointed this year. We didn't think they really did the theme well at all. Sad. Their quilt was a small wallhanging that did not make us go ooh and ahh.
But Mormon Handicraft did. Their theme was Jack in the Beanstalk. They gave out magic beans and had a cute quilt and the workers had cute t-shirts.
Quilts, Etc. was our favorite! Of course -- it was Cinderella. I won a cute pattern in a trivia contest in the ballroom. Their quilt was ballgowns and it was cute.
Pine Needles was cute, too, with the Princess and the Pea theme.

We defected from the "real" shop hop to the "wannabe" shop hop, Scenic Byway, to visit the Material Girls, although Emily felt like a traitor. But I won a fat quarter there and saw this on their wall so it was worth it. Great motto, I think, when you consider my stack of unfinished quilts and projects. In case you can't read it, it says "Finished is way better than perfect!"

Then to Quilter's Haven in Bountiful. Forgot their theme but bought some cute fabric there.
Time for lunch at Rumbi's.
Whose idea was it to put all that spaghetti on my south seas salad? That's never happened before and I hope it won't happen again.
All right, refreshed and rested and ready to set off again. Next stop, Threads of Time in Centerville. Notice the bird in his nest up in the left corner.

Their theme was Rapunzel and their quilt was cute.

Gardiner's in Ogden did Little Mermaid. It was ok. They gave out swedish fish.

Village Dry Goods in Brigham City was just ok. We could have skipped it and saved some gas but usually it's great so you just gotta go or you'll always wonder. We did talk ourselves out of going clear up to Logan to the Red Rooster, though. Great -- now I'll always wonder . . .
But look at this cute stuff. It is to make skirts for Amy and Mya. I better quit blogging and start sewing!
3 comments:
looks like a fun time! Too bad you didn't come down to the quilt store in st. george..Now you will always wonder about that one too! :-) Oh and by the way, "the hills are alive" when are you coming to watch the plays at Tuacahn?
YAY! I'm so happy you have a blog! What a great way to show off your cute little grandkids! I'm glad that looking our posts is able to bring back some good memories for you. What would you suggest for a fun and appropriate Sunday activity out here?
The skirts turned out so sweet. I can't wait to have a whole closet full of fancy little skirts! Thank you, Melissa
Post a Comment