Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Traditions!

It's Swiss Days again!

Friday night we stayed at Hi's beautiful home on the hill in Heber so we could get an early start on shopping Saturday morning.
So much fun! And then . . .


BYU FOOTBALL Grant and I grabbed our stadium seats and went to the game Saturday afternoon. It was 99 degrees and the sun was brutally beating down. I don't think I've ever been SO hot. I missed the 2nd quarter because I had to go find shade. By half-time there was a blessed cloud cover.Woohoo! BYU 41 -- Northern Iowa 17

PAYSON ONION DAYS

Monday morning we were all set to watch the traditional Onion Days parade, hoping and hoping that the predicted rain would hold off until after the parade . . .



. . . but that was not to be. The temperature dropped, the rain started, the wind blew, . . .


. . . and everybody got drenched. Most of us gave up and went for cover at Aunt Barbara's. We felt so bad for those who were in the parade and had to keep going! It was fun getting together anyway. This is the first rainy Labor Day I remember in my whole life and that's a lot of years to remember!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like a fun weekend, except for the parade. I hope those beauty queens didn't go and get their hair done, would have been a waste of money.

Will and Chelsea said...

I do feel bad for the parade people... talk about enduring to the end! Looks like lots of fun was had over the weekend... count me in next year rain or shine :)

Emily said...

What a fun filled weekend! I'm so glad you could do all those things. I hope you found good stuff at Swiss Days. The game was awesome. Go BYU!

Kamille said...

Looks like fun. I thought of you when I heard Swiss Days was on. I knew you'd be up there tearing the place up.

Will and Chelsea said...

Hey got any yummy recipes? On the Menu needs a signature one from you :)