Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bird Wars

So Grant and I were eating dinner on the patio tonight peacefully watching this hummingbird . . .



. . . when this one came up and started dive bombing the other one.

Bam! They were really going after each other and squawking and making a terrible ruckus. I checked them out on the internet and found this:
Q: Why are my hummers so hateful? All they do is fight.
A: They are extremely territorial. More feeders, out of sight of each other, can help.


This one almost got me while I was taking pictures!

They would catch a quick sip from the feeder . . .


. . . or the flowers and then they were at it again.

Can't we just all get along?
For more cool pictures click here

4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! The best part is that the entertainment was free!!

Clay and Donna Chesnut said...

Annie, I just absolutely love your blog, you do such a good job. Thanks for sharing!!

Meesa said...

Maybe you should do a documentary. You're half way there. Those pictures are amazing.

Mrs. Wright said...

Those are some neat pictures! Cute story too. You do such a great job at capturing moments through verbal and written words. . .